November 27-28, 2021
Extreme Sports Park, Port Angeles, Washington
2021 WSBA Cyclocross Regional Championship
Peninsula Adventure Sports, Washington State Bicycle Association, Cyclocross Crusade, and Extreme Sports Park are excited to introduce this brand new cyclocross venue. You won’t want to miss this racing weekend!
This is the only USA Cycling sanctioned race in the PNW this year, and will be the last chance to earn points before Nationals.
In addition, Sunday will be the Washington State Bicycle Association Championship race.
Where To Stay
Details Coming Soon – Check Back!
Adult – Pre-registration until until October 31: $30
Adult – Pre-registration November 1-26: $40
Juniors – $20
Adult – Pre-registration until October 31: $30 first day, $20 second day
Adult – Pre-registration November 1-26: $40 first day, $20 second day
Juniors – $20
Entry fee includes one free beer or soda.
- If you register onsite for a race or if you pre-register and start a race, there is no refund available. Mechanical problems, missed starts, forgotten numbers, pre-race or in-race crashes, illness or lack of fitness, weather or even course conditions such as MUD, are not valid reasons for refunds. Under these circumstances, No Refunds Are Available, with No Exceptions.
- If you pre-register for a race and are unable to start that race due to a legitimate injury and you advise us in advance of the race, we will credit your entry fee for one of our 2022 races.
Covid-19 Safety Updates
This information will change often – please check back to see our requirements.
In addition, we will follow all regulations set forth by Clallam County and Washington State.
Kevin Blair of Cyclocross Crusade is our course designer. He is currently making revisions based on feedback from our March challenge event. A course map should be available in early October – check back!
- All Categories are based on USAC category guidelines.
- OBRA riders should request a USAC upgrade to align OBRA to USAC prior to registration.
- Singlespeed = A single speed bicycle is defined as a bicycle with no functional means of altering its gear ratio during the competition.
- Junior = Rider with a racing age between 9 and 18 in accordance with USAC rules.
- Saturday: 6-pack of beer for winner, medals 3 deep
- Sunday (WSBA Championship): Jerseys for winners, medals 3 deeps
- Awards will be given 15-20 minutes after the results have been posted
- All Washington, North Idaho and Oregon members are eligible to win WSBA championships, including gold medals and the championship jersey. All USAC/UCI and one day licensed riders are eligible to compete in WSBA championship events. However, racers from areas outside the USAC-defined geographic designation of the WSBA and one day license holders will not be awarded medals or championship jerseys.
Extreme CX Port Angeles is sanctioned under the rules and regulations of USA Cycling (USAC). All rules, regulation and codes of conduct set forth by the sanctioning body will be in effect during the entirety of the event.
USAC Permit # 4609
Membership & Licenses
USAC annual or one day licenses are required to race.
OBRA riders should request an upgrade from USAC to align OBRA to USAC prior to registration.
Men 4/5 45+, 55+, 65+,
|9:25-10:10||Master Men Open 45+ 55+, 65+,||45|
|11:10-11:55||Men Cat3, JR Men 17/18||45|
|12:30-1:00||Junior 10/12, 13/4, 15/16||30|
|1:10-1:55||Singlespeed (W & M)||45|
Cat1/2, Cat 3, Cat4/5, Master Open 45+, Master Open 55+ Master 65+, Women 17/18
Cat1/2, Cat1/2 40+, Cat 2/3*
*Non Championship Category
Most bikes are legal – Mountain bikes, ‘cross, cruisers, clunkers, etc. But take heed: courses will favor those on ‘cross bikes – so choose your weapon wisely! Please no fixed gears or bikes with bullhorns or bar ends.
Pre-Ride and Course Preview
We ask that you please respect our pre-riding and course preview policy. Please do not pre-ride during or between races except during the specified course preview times listed on the schedule. Please respectfully obey any official’s or race staff requests, especially when it comes to clearing the course.
- On-site drinking water
- On-site bike wash
- Pre-Ride on Friday from 3:00 – 5:00 PM. There will be NO FIRST AID provided during the Friday pre-ride. Participate at your own risk.
- Team tent setup will be on Friday from 3:00 – 5:00 PM or day of race. Please weigh down and/or stake your tents. All Tents and vehicles should be 3 feet away from the course.
- Overnight camping at Extreme Sports Park will be available. Space is limited. (Cost? Do they need to make a reservation?)
Code of Conduct
Extreme CX Port Angeles of Conduct:
The Extreme CX PA Code of Conduct is set out to provide a safe and accepting environment for all peoples to enjoy the sport of cyclocross.
We expect all participants, spectators, officials, staff, sponsors and other people associated with any Extreme CX PA event or activity to adhere to this code of conduct as a principle of being a steward of the sport and spirit of cyclocross. In the unfortunate event in which a violation of these codes of conduct occurs, please contact any Extreme CX PA Crew member or race official, or email firstname.lastname@example.org, to ensure everyone feels welcome and safe at Extreme CX PA events.
Failure to adhere to the Extreme CX PA Code of Conduct may result in expulsion and future exclusion from Cyclocross Crusade events and activities.
Code of Conduct:
(a) Be decent and kind to one another, and treat each other with the same respect you would like to receive.
(b) Follow all crew members’ and officials’ instructions without question or hesitation.
(c) Have fun and participate well.
(d) Be active in building and promoting the community of cyclocross.
Violations of the Cyclocross Crusade Code of Conduct:
(a) Violation of rules established by USAC and WSBA.
(b) Discrimination or harassment of any type, including on the basis of race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification, or national origin.
(c) Any non-consensual physical or sexual contact or advance or other inappropriate sexually oriented behavior or threatening action directed towards any person. This includes, but is not limited to, physical, sexual, verbal or emotional abuse of any person attending an Extreme CX PA event.
(d) Any act of fraud, deception, or dishonesty in connection with any Extreme CX PA-related activity.
(e) Providing alcohol to a person under 21 years of age or the consumption of alcohol by a person under 21 years of age.
(f) The illegal possession, use or dissemination of drugs or any controlled substances.
(g) Excessive alcoholic or drug consumption while at Extreme CX PA events.
(h) Any obscene language or gesture, or other threatening language or conduct directed towards any person at any Extreme CX PA event.
(i) Any intentional damage to or theft of private or public property while at an Extreme CX PA event.
(j) Public urination, indecent exposure or any similar inappropriate public display or conduct.
March 27th Event a Success!
Our March 27 test event was a great success! We received so much positive feedback on our new venue, and will be making some course adjustments to make it even better for the fall. Can you say belgian stairs and sand pit?!
Extreme CX Port Angeles needs plenty of volunteers each year – if you are interested in helping out, please contact us at email@example.com
Peninsula Adventure Sports could not host these events without the support and partnership of the local business community. Monetary donations as well as in-kind product or service donations serve as the backbone of these races. If you want to find out more about sponsorship, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org